golondo steamed chicken curry

hello, my fellow readers

Its been quite sometime I have not posted any of my simple and yet mouth watering recipes. So , today I am in full mood to share one of my simplest recipe.  Monsoon has arrived in India and during monsoons every woman of the house becomes lethargic. We all love to be served during this period rather than to serve. It's not our fault ladies it's the weather's fault. It was one of those days when you and your husband pushes the other to go to the kitchen and prepare atleast something eatable for lunch. Finally, I took the initiative to approach the dreading kitchen and our semi loaded fridge where I luckily found chicken in the freezer and mind you chicken is the easiest thing to cook out of all other dishes in the world (according to me). So how about preparing a lazy dish on a Sunday afternoon where you will only have to marinate the stuff and it will be ready. MAGIC!

Let me remind you this is the same chicken dish I learnt from my friend's mother who hails from Bangladesh.

Jot down the ingredients :

Chicken : 12 to 15 pieces
Onion : 2 to 3 cups
Ginger : 1 big julienne
Garlic : 2 whole ( do not chop)
Green chilly : as per taste ( I use 10 to 15)
Salt : to taste
Oil : mustards oil half cup
Turmeric powder : 1 tablespoon
Bay leaf : 2
Dried red chilly : 2 optional

Take a big heavy bottomed pan /kadai

Transfer the washed and dried chicken into the pan, to it add onion, Turmeric powder, Ginger, garlic, Bay leaf, dry red chilly & little oil to it. Mix all ingredients with chicken and refrigerate it for 2 hours.

Place the marinated chicken pan on burner, add the remaining oil to it and let it cook on high flame for 5mins.

After 5mins simmer the gas add salt and green chillies at this stage and give a good stir to the chicken, once stirring done cover chicken keeping it in simmer and let it cook for 30 mins.

After 30mins check if your chicken is perfectly cooked and give a final stir. Switch off burner. Your golondo chicken curry is ready.

P. S. : to be cooked strictly in mustard oil and to be served only with rice.






















                         

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manali Trance : A Gateway to Heaven

Catla (Bengal Carp) Curry Recipe/ Katla Maacher Jhol .