For The Love Of Wedges



Bonjour,

The one thing I have noticed these days is that people today are so ' STARSTRUCK or 'GLAMOURSTRUCK' , I would say . They love flaunting their branded outfit , footwear , accessories and so on. They think this would increase their status in the society and even on their social networking sites among their viral friends.  I am not complaining but the situation kind of becomes tacky when the so called 'branded personalities' ( term used by me ) , enters into an unannounced competition among his/her fellow 'branded' competitors (mostly through their pictures uploaded on their social networking sites ), I am sure many of you reading would agree to this. The saddest part is when  few of your childhood friends adopts this ' FLAUNTING ' habit. When friendship becomes a show off affair , as in flaunting your solitaires and valuables ; then its not friendship anymore. You make friends because of the person they are and not because of their financial status , atleast I don't. So just chill friends, ' we love you and not your assets' , should be the attitude of every individual.


Now coming back to my today's post " For The Love Of Wedges " , wedges are both 'Hot & Cool' this season. You pair it up with thigh hugging jeans and you will be so cool . while you pair it up with a short dress and you will be 'Oh ! so hot'. I bought this particular wedge from Amritsar in my last tour to Amritsar http://shudhrita.blogspot.in/2014/03/amritsar-foodies-paradise.html. I purchased it from a local market near our hotel 'narula's auurum' on mall road.There is a whole stretch of local market on mall road which a shopaholic cannot afford to miss. This marker is a must visit for all the shoppers out there whenever you happen to visit Amritsar.This pair cost me INR. 800




Another pair of shoes that I bought from the same market area on mall road is this red pair of boots with a lining of fur on top of it. This too cost me INR.800 , unbelievable right ! This footwear outlet was also a Metro Shoes outlet. The above wedges were also from the same shop. Here take a look.














Now moving from mall road , I took my footwear shopping endeavour to the main market in Amritsar near The Golden Temple, and started scrutinising the 'juttis' there , as Amritsar is the capital of 'Juttis' in India , a detailed information on 'jutti' ; is given in my earlier post http://shudhrita.blogspot.in/2014/01/fashion-street.html. Hera is a collection of my Juttis in my last viist to The Amazing Amritsar.
Amritsari jutti at its best. It cost me INR. 300
A closer look at the beautiful thread work at the back of the jutti.

This is a Kashmiri styled jutti and look at the beauty of the thread work.
this is unlike all other juttis as it is a ballerina jutti and it cost me INR. 300

and as you can see the front side is beautifully woven with white cotton threads.




After I have purchased all different types of juttis , how could I have not purchased the traditional flashy Amritsari jutti. This too cost me 300 bucks.
Its a multicoloured jutti with golden beads lining.

P.S. : do not forget to bargain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Manali Trance : A Gateway to Heaven

golondo steamed chicken curry

Catla (Bengal Carp) Curry Recipe/ Katla Maacher Jhol .