Fashion Street In Mumbai

hey guys !!!

I am back with my next post. todays post will be on WHERE to go for a budget fashion 'shopping'.And while mentioning 'fashion', how can i not start my search in the fashion capital of india being MUMBAI. During my last visit to mumbai we ( me & my husband ) put up in koparkhairane , in navi mumbai. since he had to work on some office assignments by the day , i decided to go shopping on my own. Husbands neways get tired of this shopping thing. And hence began my journey. Since i am a hard core traveller i decided travelling in a mumbai local instead of taking a cab.So i took an auto rickshaw to vashi station. and from there took a local uptil CST station.after getting down at CST station, again instead of taking a cab i preferred walking down the streets, i was a tourist after all and as a tourist i love exploring each and every street the 'real way'. It was a long stretch of walk (almost 30mins) but i enjoyed every bit of it.And finally i reached my destination 'fashion street'.

'Fashion Street' is a very long stretch of market starting from VT station and ends at metro. Its a popular tourist destination and is the ultimate place for bargaining, from clothing , footwear , accessories you will find everything. You name it and you will get it.I hope my excitement has not got revealed through my writing. After about wandering from one shop to the other i finally found something of my choice. a beautiful short white dress with cotton lace work. I was amazed by that stalls collection. have a look at the lace work.


.

Its a lovely leisure dress,which you can pair with bright coloured shoes/sandals. This dress cost me 300 bucks. Yes only 300 bucks. You dont have to worry about the fabric, its damn comfortable. ( Do not mind those creases on my dress , my wardrobe is a mess. ) After this dress, it was time for some sexy top and my search ended with this top. Its a top made out of a soft jeans fabric with golden buttons studded in the middle giving it a gorgeous look.











While the back of the top is partly open giving it a sexy look. The hips are open as you can see and the broad black band at the back is giving it a distinct look. If you are not too keen for a skin show then you can wear this top with a skinny / body hugging black top inside and you will look equally good and elegant. This top cost me around 200 bucks.


Every gals shopping remains incomplete witout purchasing a beautiful pair of shoes. And i am no exception to it. So i headed for my search for shoes. And to my astonishment it was available in abundance. And the one particular type that caught my eye were the JUTTIs. Jutti is a type of footwear common in india especially in northern india .These are usually very flashy with extensive embroidery in golden and silver threads or beads. As i preferred something less flashy i opted for this multi coloured jutti keeping in mind that it would go with almost every outfit. This jutti cost me only 250 bucks.


As you can see the back is heavily embroidered too with golden and brown threads giving it a ROYAL look.



 With this my shopping ended here and before my husband got too worried about me i headed back to him. and have also promised myself to be back the next day for some more shopping but this time to bring my husband along with me. So stay tuned for some more street shopping in MUMBAI. See you in "colaba causeway" .

P.S. : the price of the items are given as per indian currency, you may convert the price as per your country's currency.

You might also like : http://shudhrita.blogspot.in/2014/05/for-love-of-wedges.html

Comments

  1. Hello, dear blog readers! Celine writes on how to buy a Hermes style bag more affordable. A great way to buy affordable fashion that does not break the bank. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Manali Trance : A Gateway to Heaven

golondo steamed chicken curry

Catla (Bengal Carp) Curry Recipe/ Katla Maacher Jhol .